Women’s Leadership Council
striving to improve the lives
of all children in Otter Tail County
Around the country, United Ways are mobilizing women and providing them a greater voice; educating and encouraging them to effect change in their communities; creating venues to share their concerns and visions; and strengthening their relationships with each other and with their local United Way. Otter Tail County’s women leaders are key decision makers and philanthropists. They invest their time, talent and resources in a wide variety of local non-profit organizations.
United Way of Otter Tail County’s Women’s Leadership Council promotes community involvement and philanthropic giving among women in our community with the purpose of furthering United Way’s community-based agenda. United Way is in a unique position to leverage the collective giving ability of women leaders in the community.
This volunteer-driven group is an organization of its own design. It creates its own initiatives. It sets its own goals. It seeks its own answers and implements its own strategies. In this way, the Women’s Leadership Council is a true catalyst for the much-needed change in the lives of so many women in Otter Tail County.
The Women’s Leadership Council is involved with programs that promote early literacy including Imagination Library, Buddy Book Bins and Prescription for Reading. Click here for more Early Childhood Literacy resources.
* Bring women philanthropists together to share their interests and involvements
* Offer women opportunities to become engaged in that work
* Apprise women of trends regarding women and philanthropy
* Keep women informed about the needs of our community
* Educate women on the United Way's Community Impact work
* Recognize women for their philanthropic activities
* Increase the number of women contributing to United Way at the Leadership Level
- Opportunities to network with like-minded women, in diverse industries, who are business and civic leaders
- Invitations to WLC special events
- Learn from a leading social service organization about key issues impacting the community
- Connect with key women business and community leaders to solve problems facing the region
- Receive recognition as a leader of change in Greater Minnesota
- The most important benefit is that you will have a positive impact on the future of women and our community.
Your Role in WLC:
- Be educated on issues in United Way’s key focus areas by attending WLC events and reading WLC newsletters and email communication
- Be an ambassador for United Way to women in the community by attending events and inviting your network of friends and colleagues
- Be an advocate for United Way by engaging in decision makers and policy leaders in the community
- Be a leader by donating to United Way at the Women’s Leadership Giving Level