WHAT IS A PACESETTER BUSINESS?
Pacesetter businesses demonstrate leadership by encouraging employee participation in our community and providing generous financial support to help "set the pace" during the annual Otter Tail & Wadena Counties Campaign.
These companies and organizations, without hesitation, are putting their mark on a better Otter Tail & Wadena Counties for all of us. The dollars these companies will raise helps to support health and human service programs in our community. Programs that serve meals to the hungry, keep our kids on a positive educational path at school, deliver health care services to people without insurance, and much, much more.
2021 Pacesetter Businesses
READY TO SET THE PACE?
Becoming a Pacesetter business opens doors for your business to receive special support and recognition from United Way of Otter Tail & Wadena Counties. Pacesetter businesses receive special recognition at United Way campaign-related events and in the annual report, which is distributed in the newspapers. United Way also hosts a free training on how to conduct a workplace campaign for Pacesetter businesses each August.
All Pacesetter businesses are asked to exhibit leadership in the following ways:
- Conduct a workplace campaign starting in August.
- Ensure success of the workplace campaign by making it fun and educational for employees.
- Report campaign results prior to the campaign kick-off and wrap up their campaign before the end of November.
- Provide corporate support for United Way of Otter Tail & Wadena Counties fundraisers through sponsorship or by providing employee volunteers, encouraging attendance and selling tickets.
- Encourage employees to participate in the Community Investment process to help distribute campaign funds.
- Help United Way of Otter Tail & Wadena Counties remain connected with employees who leave or retire by obtaining permission to pass on updated contact information or allowing a campaign presentation at retiree events.
- During orientation, encourage new employees to begin a relationship with United Way.
By signing the agreement below, our business will participate in United Way of Otter Tail & Wadena Counties' Pacesetter Campaign.