Are you energized by our mission to improve lives locally? Are you inspired to share our mission with others in our community? Are you passionate about joining our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of the people of Otter Tail & Wadena Counties?
If you answered “Yes,” then you may be an excellent fit to become the next Executive Director of United Way of Otter Tail & Wadena Counties.
What You’ll Do
The Executive Director leads the organization supporting the volunteer Board of Directors in the development and implementation of a strategic plan for growth in resources, convening key community stakeholders, and solving the community’s most complex problems.
The Executive Director leads all fundraising and campaign initiatives, as well as marketing and brand messaging. This includes developing strong relationships with local businesses, industries, and individual donors.
The Executive Director collaborates and liaises with community partner agencies providing support for solving critical problems related to health, education, and financial stability. This includes shepherding the annual grant application process and distributing Board-approved grant awards into the community.
What We Are Looking For
- Passion for the mission of United Way of Otter Tail & Wadena Counties.
- The ability to earn the confidence and respect of stakeholders.
- Recognition as a collaborator, motivator, supporter, and a visionary leader.
- Skilled at effectively presenting information and ideas to executive teams, volunteers, and board of directors.
- Outstanding interpersonal, coaching, and listening skills, with the ability to communicate positively within all levels of the organization and the community.
- Demonstrated ability to remain objective, be discrete, and exercise common sense.
- Able to develop strong, trusting relationships within department, organization and the community.
- Thrive in a dynamic environment and able to work on various projects simultaneously, requiring strong organizational and time management skills.
- Recognized for both emotional intelligence and intellectual rigor.
- Committed to exploring new ideas and innovative approaches to solving problems.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, psychology or similar field.
- Project management certification or similar experience.
- Background in similar organizations of commensurate size and scope.
- Experience in resource development, fundraising, and special events.
- Track record of developing partnerships, building teams and managing conflict.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Demonstrated success in leading and developing major fundraising initiatives with quantifiable results that meet or exceed objectives.
- Previous experience in a United Way member organization is desirable but not required.
Additional Skills and Qualities We Seek
- Progressive thinking, with understanding of philanthropic trends and best practices in donor-centered fundraising.
- Discernible skills in selecting, coaching, motivating, and training volunteers.
- Excellent relationship cultivation skills and the ability to engage and influence employees, board members, key volunteers, donors, and other stakeholders. Ability to relate with a diverse group of individual or organizations. Must demonstrate comfort in socializing professionally in both intimate settings and at larger social events.
- A comprehension and appreciation of metrics and performance indicators used to measure progress in Resource Development.
- Attention to detail and follow through on all elements of work.
- Experience in working with volunteer boards and committees.
- Must be available to meet with donors and prospects according to their schedule, often in the early morning, evenings and on limited occasions the weekend. Must be able to provide own transportation to such meetings at various locations around Loudon County.
- Comfort and proficiency with presentation skills both one-on-one and publicly.
- Fluent in the English language, both oral and written, including correct punctuation, spelling and grammar usage.
- Ability to complete basic math as well as review and interpret reports and graphs.
- Proficient in the latest Microsoft Office Environment (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Experience creating content for websites and social media posts.
Your Employee Perks
- The rare opportunity to help shape transformative change in our community.
- Starting Base Salary Range of $55,000-60,000
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement Plan
- The support of an amazing network of colleagues both regionally and around the nation!
To apply for this opportunity, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org